Sweet Home Scotiabank

Seriously, after that gut-wrenching road trip, you have to feel good for Sens players. They're finally back home, the place they actually play pretty decent.

Before the preview and rumors, I'd like to say who I think is the Road-Trip MVP. I give the outrageous award to...Jason Spezza. He worked his ass off on the trip and was easily the best player during the onslaught(CBC Sports?). He was scoring goals, dishing out nice, crisp passes, and I really saw him turning over the puck over only 3 or 4 times during the trip. Huge improvement for the Giggles.

Back to the game. The Sens have had success against the Rags lately. They won their previous meeting 4-1 from goals by Jason Spezza, Daniel Alfredsson, Jesse Winchester, and Jarkko Ruutu. Earlier in the season, they lost a 2-1 decision in a shootout. Ruutu is serving Game 2 of his 2 game suspension. Hartsburg sent down Carkner, who replaced Ruutu on Thursday, today, and it's unclear who will be called up tonight, though I'd suspect it would be either Ryan Shannon, Ilya Zubov, or Zack Smith. Filip Kuba is back tonight, and I suspect some Habs or Pens scouts to be on hand to watch the Big Czech. Anton Volchenkov won't return tonight. Hartsburg will have to choose who his goalie will be, though I am told it's a 99.9% chance Elliott will get the start. Bold and gutsy as stated iin the previous post, but it's a good move.

I have officially heard some names in the Sens-Jackets rumors, and it's not anything big, but it could give a hint of what's to come. I'm hearing the Sens will only deal Antoine Vermette, Christoph Schubert, or Mike Fisher to the Jackets, and if it's all 3 of them, the Sens would get back Manny Malhotra, Clay Wilson, and a 2nd rounder. Personally, I think it's an ok deal. What about you, oh glorious Sens fans?

So the magic crystal ball[with only 5 wins(1 perfect score)] predicts a 3-2 win for Ottawa(Heatley, Spezza, Kuba; Voros, Zherdev). I now, I am a homer. But who isn't?

Thanks For Reading and Enjoy the Game!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home