I really love it that I'm not Bryan Murray right now. When everyone's punching bag in the Nation's Capital is Jason Spezza, Dany Heatley comeso ut of the dark and demands a trade. That's ultimate douchebaggery. Remember, Heatley signed a 6 year contract 2 years ago. Oh goody goody goody.

I am betting everyone money that there are 28 teams in the NHL who want the Heater. Detroit isn't in a position to get him cap wise but everyone else is capable of getting him. After the news broke out earlier today, I talked to some sources who said the main teams in play for him are the Colorado Avalanche, Calgary Flames, Vancouver Canucks, Pittsburgh Penguins, St.Louis Blues, Anaheim Ducks, San Jose Sharks, and finally, imagine this, the Toronto Maple Leafs. To tell you the truth, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Burkie down south wants him. Of course, he's a goal scorer and well, Toronto desperately needs a goal scorer. Creepily, the Maple Leafs actually have possible trade assets. Here's my rumor. Dany Heatley and Alex Auld for Tomas Kaberle, Niklas Hagman, and a 1st round pick in 2010. However, I think his hometown is his prefered choice. Oh my god, is Phaneuf comign here? Exciting times Sens fans, exciting times. Breaks the silence though. No Tuesday Night Rumors tonight, but I'll have a post tomorrow.

3 Comments:

  1. pg said...
    Agreed. He's a total douchebag asshole. But, this is perfect. I'm happy he wants out, cause I thought he was a douchebag primadonna who doesn't like getting his hands dirty long before this. But heatley bashing aside: I'm stoked. This could make for a very quick rebuild, much like the flyers a few years ago. But, nothing personal, if Burke came calling with that trade proposal, I'd laugh my ass off as I hung up the phone. If BM made that trade, I'd go burn his house down. Phaneuf, okay. But really, go after the Avs and get that 3rd pick, Wolski or Shattenkirk, and more.
    hambown said...
    While I don't think he's gone about it in a responsible or respectful way, I can see wanting to work nearer to your family and home. I think he should have reported to Murray, in the privacy of his office, that due to family considerations he'd like to move closer to the west coast. Murray might not like it, but at least he would have had the flexibility and leverage to make inquiries without the knowledge that Heater put himself out on the market weakening BM's ability to bargain.

    Also, having not won a Cup, I can see him not wanting to be traded to a non-playoff team. That's fine. He's played really well for us in two of the three seasons he's been with the club, I say good bye and good luck wherever you end up.

    pg: I'd also laugh in Burke's stupid monkey face if he offered me Kaberle plus some schmoe and TMLs draft pick.

    I think BM should try to make that trade with the Avs, or try to court the Kings, with Frolov, their 1st, and a prospect coming our way (Jack Johnson, Kyle Quincey, Colton Teubert, Thomas Hickey), possibly with one of our depth defensemen going back as a balance.
    Julian M. said...
    And now when the Sens finally have an offer to get rid of him, he refuses to waive his no-trade clause..... REALLY!? You ask to be moved from one team, and when a good trade deal which will benefit that team in some way comes through, you refuse. Really!? Maybe he should pull an Emery and go play in Russia for a while....

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home